Author Topic: Logitech H340 USB Headset  (Read 1778 times)

Marquette

• Offline Offline
Logitech H340 USB Headset
« on: November 23, 2013, 03:31:44 pm »
So it's supposed to simply be a plug n play headset. The only problem is it doesn't plug n play. Software and install advice from Logitech? Plug it in to the USB port and it will work. Troubleshooting? Try another USB port.

Anyone got any other ideas?

TPOleader

• Administrator
  • Offline Offline
Re: Logitech H340 USB Headset
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 03:48:23 pm »
All I can think of, off-hand, is to try control panel settings for speakers/microphone. Make sure it's pointing to correct hardware.

Svetz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 04:30:52 pm »
Could just be DOA, if it doesn't work on another computer then I'd say return it.

Marquette

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 03:52:01 pm »
So frustrating. Appears to just be DOA, I guess. It's not working on any computer. Such shit to have paid 30+ bucks for them and then not work properly or easily.

Edited to add that after digging into the properties more, it doesn't seem to recognize that I can plug a headset into anything but the single 3.5 mm jack on the left side of the laptop. It doesn't recognize a USB port as an option. Is that weird?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 03:54:39 pm by Marquette »

Jitani

• Master Sheep Healer
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 05:00:42 pm »
You probably already tried this, but if not -- a web search can often turm up a solution (or at least an explanation) for common problems.  For a specific product, I like to look it up on Amazon's site and read the user reviews.  If it's a popular product there can be over a hundred reviews.  Most will be fluff of course, but a few will usually have detailed technical info, with tips for proper installation and setup, maybe a link to a youtube demo video.  Just a thought.

Also, the order in which you do things can be critical.  I recently got a new gaming mouse.  Plugged it in, didn't work.  At all.  Until I restated the computer with the mouse plugged in, then it worked great.  For some reason it just wouldn't function if plugged in with Windows running.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 05:06:58 pm by Jitani »

Marquette

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 09:36:39 am »
Thanks for the tips, guys. Tried all of them and finally just caved in and called Logitech. They concluded that I did, indeed, buy a dud. So they told me if the store won't swap it out, they will through the mail.

We'll see.

*Updated to say that I should never underestimate my ability to buy the dud. Got a replacement from the store, plugged it in and it immediately worked without a hitch.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 01:56:27 pm by Marquette »