Author Topic: Need some help fixing a crashing problem....  (Read 2674 times)

Velmenix

• Offline Offline
Need some help fixing a crashing problem....
« on: May 27, 2010, 06:44:41 pm »
Hey guys,
Ever since i bought my new computer, iv been having random crashes. The system just seems to blip, the light on the front doesnt even go out, the computer just pretty much just reboots itself.

This happens more often when im doing certain things as well such as, watching videos on youtube, or downloading anything I guess.  I recently starting playing EvE and it is constantly crashing, i usually cant be in game more that 5-10 minutes before i get a crash.  Vanguard doesnt do this though, so it might have something to do with EvE.  I checked on the EvE forums a bit and it seems there are a fair share of crashing problems, but that still doesnt explain why my computer does it even when im not playing EvE.

All my drivers are up to date so that shouldnt be the problem.  I also went ahead and cleaned the system out with some compressed air just to check if that was a problem but it wasnt.
I just did a manuel restart a min ago and before it started up it said "Checking a Disk for Consistency" and did a bunch of crap if that means anything.

Here are my computer specs,

Systemax Core i5 Gamer

Serial number:  107001948
Order number:   W84576790101 
Ship Date:   11-4-2009
Your computer contains the following:

(1) Mid-Tower ATX Gaming Chassis   
 (1) Windows 7 Home Premium/64 Bit OS
 (1) Intel Core i5-750 2.66GHz 8M LGA1156 Processor   
 (1) 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Memory (2GB x 2)   
 (1) MSI P55-CD53 ATX Motherboard   
 (1) 640GB 7200RPM 3G SATA Hard Drive   
 (1) GeForce 9800GT 512MB PCI-Express (2 DVI)   
 (1) 22X DVDRW SATA Drive Black   
 (1) 500 Watt Power Supply   
 (1) Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 USB   
 (1) 15-in-1 Card Reader   
 (1) Microsoft Basic USB Optical Mouse Black 

if you need anything more specific let me know, and thanks.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 06:47:06 pm by Velmenix »

Seona

• Offline Offline
Re: Need some help fixing a crashing problem....
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 09:21:45 pm »
     I am not a techie at all and have no idea, but i had this checking for consistency thing happen as well a bunch of other things i have no idea about and then my C: drive just would not be recognized. put it in a friends comp and same thing, not recognized and then my D became c and was wiped clean somehow, then it was like dominoes and everything just died. 7 year old ancient comp tho haha
   Paging Dr. Dox to emergency room 4!!

Crossing my fingers for ya on a quick and easy fix